Our goal for all communication is to tell stories of Jesus at work in our communities as well as eliminate barriers to people experiencing a focused life with Jesus at Community Church.
We seek to accomplish this goal by educating, equipping and empowering the people in our community to know God, grow as disciples, and live out their faith, empowered by the Holy Spirit.
Most of our communication resources are dedicated to inviting people to gather together and then encouraging them to take next steps.
Standards for Content
Communicated During Services
To fight against an overload of information on Sunday mornings and make sure the essential pieces of our vision and mission are communicated clearly, we are selective about what is promoted from stage. A consistent framework is critical for deciding what will get stage-time and what will not.
Therefore, promoted next steps for the stage need to fit into at least one of these four categories:
- Impacts 60% of our congregation
- Is a direct next step from teaching that would add value to those sitting in the seats
- Is a key on-ramp to a ministry within our macro-strategy
- Shares a compelling story related to a primary piece of the vision frame
We encourage ministry representatives to communicate desired concepts and content for their projects and promotions. To maintain consistency and tone here are a few things to keep in mind when generating content to be shared.
Questions to ask when creating content:
- Who’s your intended audience?
- What information do you want them to receive?
- What action do you want them to take?
- In what method do you want them to respond?
- Is there a timeframe?
- Where do they go to for more information or to attend/participate?
- What’s the ‘so what’? Cast vision for your piece.
Answering these questions with your content will ensure your audience receives the message you intend. Also, be brief. All submitted content is subject to editing and approval.